The condensate drain system traps dust and dirt. Clean the drain system once a year.
- Shut off the rocker switch and unplug the unit.
- Remove the duct on the evaporator inlet.
- Inspect the drain pan under the coil.
- If drain pan appears soiled, pour some hot water mixed with liquid bleach (diluted solution) along the length of the pan to flush the dirt down the drain tube.
- Continue this treatment until the drain appears clean and free of dirt.
- Reinstall the duct collar.
- Plug in the unit and restart.