The condenser coil is provided with a reusable, washable air filter. The filter protects the coil from becoming coated or plugged by dust. Frequency of cleaning the filters is based on the amount of dust or dirt generated in the cellar or basement.
- Remove the duct collar on the intake end of the unit. (Optional)
- Remove the filter covering the face of the condenser coil.
- Wash it under warm water.
- Shake off excess water.
- Inspect and clean the face of the coil. Sharp edges are present on the fins and coils.
- Reinstall the filter by pushing it into the void between the chassis and the condenser coil.
- Replace the duct collar, if used.